Spring is in the air, but before you start celebrating, here's a maintenance checklist reminder for your Van Metre home:
- Test your AC to ensure that it is working properly.
- Clean your dryer vent.
- Clean and test your smoke alarms. Replace batteries, too.
- Make sure your areaway drain is clear from all items and debris.
- Test your sump pump to ensure that it still runs. The easiest way to accomplish this is to unplug the unit and then plug it back in. It will turn on once activated.
- Turn off your humidifier and clean the filter.
- Fertilize your lawn. Keep it green. Fertilizer, aerating, overseeding, and lots of water are the best ways to accomplish this.
- Check your downspouts to make sure they are draining properly.
- Check the caulk on the exterior of your home, as spots may need to be re-caulked.
- Check the exterior paint on your home.
- Have a professional service your water heater by performing an annual draining of the heater.
Now you and your home are ready to enjoy beautiful spring weather!