Hurricane season is upon us and we’re here to help you prepare your home for any potential storms.
- Clear your drains and gutters of any visible debris. It will be important to continue to check on these throughout any storm
- Be prepared for high winds by securing anything that could blow away and cause damage to your home or other homes in the community.
- With heavy rainfall, the operation of your sump pump is essential. Please test to ensure it’s working properly and avoid overloading the circuit by verifying no other appliances are plugged into the sump pump outlet.
- Please remember that during a severe rainstorm, wind-driven rain can seep through windows and doors that typically don't leak otherwise.
- Have your homeowner's insurance and other emergency contact information readily available, even for items such as roof shingles or siding blowing off your home.
Dominion Energy: (866) 366-4357
NOVEC: (888) 335-0500
Rappahannock Electric Company: (800) 552-3904
SVEC: (800) 234-7832
Road Conditions: Call 511 or Visit 511virginia.org
Report Road Issues: (800) 367-7623
Local Sheriff, Non-Emergency Lines
Loudoun County: (703) 777-1021
Fauquier County: (540) 347-3300
Frederick County: (540) 662-6162
Prince William County: (703) 792-6500